Column, Pets

Don’t forget to license your dog!

The Rutland County Humane Society (RCHS) would like to remind you to license your dog(s) by April 1. Did you know that Vermont state law requires all dogs 6 months and older to be registered with the town clerk in which a Vermont resident resides and must be renewed every year? In order to get them registered with your town, you will need to have them up-to-date on their rabies shot. It is also state law that all cats are required to have their rabies shots as well. Please check with your veterinarian to make sure your dog and cat are up to date on their shots and make an appointment. If you have any questions on how to go about registering your dog, please reach out to your town clerk!

Mountain Times Newsletter

Sign up below to receive the weekly newsletter, which also includes top trending stories and what all the locals are talking about!