- Killington Bachelor Auction »
KILLINGTON — On Sunday, March 22, crowds packed The Foundry at Summit Pond for the 2015 Killington Bachelor Auction. In total, 12 bachelors were auctioned with packages ranging from a “Champagne on Champlain” sailing cruise to hot air balloon rides to learn-to-fly adventures to…
- Fore! fat bikes float across the golf course »
Photos by Robin Alberti
“Rollin’ Fatties” raises $4,500 for the Killington Mountain Bike Club
By Polly Lynn
KILLINGTON — On Monday, March 16, the Killington Mountain Bike Club (KMBC) invited the community to join it on a Fat Bike…
- Vermont sugar makers celebrate spring »
By Stephen Goodhue, courtesy of vermontvacation.com
A sugar-maker empties a bucket full of sap into a collection tank, pulled by draft horses.
A Vermont time-honored tradition
March 28-29 — STATEWIDE — Vermont’s biggest harbinger of spring, maple sugar season, kicks off…
- Hibernation puts Bear parks to rest for the season »
By Robin Alberti
Get last laps in on the terrain park at Bear Mountain at Hibernation park jam on March 28, before the metal goes back into the shop after a great season.
Saturday, March 28 — KILLINGTON — Send…
- “Leave No Trace” »
A backcountry skier enjoys powder turns between the trees earlier this year. Partnering organizations are promoting safe and responsible backcountry practices statewide.
Ethics promote backcountry safety and responsible use of Vermont’s winter mountain environment
By Steven Seitz
The nights have been a little too cold for local sugarers’ liking.
That was the sentiment of many during the annual Maple Open House Weekend, which took place Saturday and Sunday, March 28-29. The annual event highlights Vermont’s maple sugaring heritage and...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
By Jerry LeBlond
Few participants succeed in making it across the pond… most do not! The crowd favorites are always for the most spectacular crashes at Killington’s pond skim.
Saturday, April 4 at 11 a.m. — Killington Resort’s wacky...
By Morgan True, VTDigger.org
Gov. Peter Shumlin unveiled a new strategy to end much of Vermont’s homelessness by 2020 at a news conference Monday, March 30, announcing $580,000 in grants for affordable housing and a homeless day center in Burlington.
“Even with serious budget challenges,...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 4 days agoAn interesting view on the world we live in /t.co/AUmMyqNvRT
- 8 days agoEveryone loves a good practical joke. Take your best shot with #mtfoolst.co/vaYJym8yJi
- 9 days agoRT @BostonGlobe: A 23-year-old skier from New Hampshire has died after losing control on a trail at a Vermont resort t.co/fNCH4CGqYU
- 9 days agoRT @SenSanders: $157 billlion... t.co/BsmLK1xcoV