- PhatCat Challenge kicks off NSAA event, seeks “Top Op” grooming operator »
Killington hosts 2015 Eastern Winter Conference and Tradeshow, Jan. 20-21. View the video Here
KILLINGTON — The National Ski Areas Association is the trade association for ski area owners and operators. It represents 325 alpine resorts that account for more than 90 percent…
- Winter Death Race ends after 58 hours; nine racers finish »
By Polly Lynn
PITTSFIELD — After 58 hours the 2015 Winter Death Race came to a climactic end at the top of Shrek’s Cabin.
The race began Friday night, Jan. 16, with “29 brave souls,” according to the Peak Races Facebook post….
- Fat bikes arrive in Killington »
New snowsport thrives with sales doubling every year since 2010
By Polly Lynn
“It’s like I’m riding on a cloud,” said Alex Kerpel, a Killington resident who joined a group of nine cyclists to ride the trails of Mountain Meadows, Monday, Jan….
- “Je suis Charlie” a sign of support for free speech »
Illustration by Maxx Steinmetz
Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical weekly newspaper, featuring controversial cartoons, reports, polemics, and jokes, was attacked by terrorists Jan. 7, 2015, presumably in response to a number of controversial cartoons it published of the Muslim prophet Muhammad. In total…
- Precautions urged in the extreme cold »
The National Weather Service is warning of extremely cold temperatures for much of this week. Wind chills will be below zero at times and could be colder than 20 degrees below zero Wednesday night into Thursday. Those temperatures have the potential to pose a…
CAVENDISH—The Town of Cavendish has discussed “going solar” for several years and has finally reached the turning point. After much planning and discussion, and after much very hard work, the town-owned solar array has gone on-line and is now feeding electric power into the...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
Sunday, Jan. 25 — RUTLAND — The Vermont Wedding Association will put on the 29th Annual Rutland Winter Bridal Show at the recently renovated Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington this Sunday. The spacious ballroom offers among the largest square footage in the area and has been hosting events...
By Polly Lynn
On Jan. 24 and 25, the Rutland Raiders cheerleading team will compete on a national stage in Dallas, Texas. The 23-member team attended a National Cheerleading Association skills camp last summer, where they earned a bid to attend the two-day...
By Anne Galloway, VTDigger.org
Gov. Peter Shumlin says the fiscal year 2016 budget is the toughest he’s ever had to deliver to the Vermont Legislature.
The governor’s budget fills a $94 million gap between state spending and tax revenues by spreading cuts across state gov-...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 7 days ago11 of 12 Pats' footballs under-inflated. Investigation ongoing. t.co/TUtMSn9KWk
- 7 days agoRT @WhiteHouse: "If you want somebody who's going to get the job done, and done right, #HireAVeteran." —President Obama #SOTU t.co/0…
- 7 days agoRT @nytimes: "The Pentagon says that climate change poses immediate risks to our national security. We should act like it." t.co/MLi…
- 7 days agoRT @Clyburn: It’s time to close loopholes that help the wealthiest few and big corporations. We need to embrace working men and women. #SO…