- Flying high; Killington starts renovations, projects total $16 million »
KILLINGTON—Helicopters moving chairlift poles through the sky could be seen over Killington Resort Wednesday, May 9. Snowdon Quad towers were removed and transported over to the top of South Ridge; part of Killington Resort’s investment of $16 million, ahead of the 2018-19 season.
- Family celebrates loss, joy on the ski trails »
By Katy Savage
KILLINGTON—Ray Alba skied down a hill of moguls.
It was April 19, 2015, and the sun was shining on the season’s remaining snow at Jay Peak Resort. Alba was there with his wife and two children, now ages 9 and 14, but…
- Pasta Pot sold after 44 years; Iconic restaurant on Route 4 to reopen as a bakery »
By Robin Alberti
Pete Timpone, chef-owner of The Pasta Pot for 44 years, is hanging up his chef’s hat and ready to enjoy retirement. Well known and well loved by the community, Pete Timpone, a.k.a. “Pasta Pete,” has sold the building and land to Joe…
- Bridgewater Raft Race showcases creative costumes, rafts »
Raft racers Ed Flynn (Trump); and Jeremy Prior and Sam Carr brave the high waters of the Ottauquechee River.
- Community celebration of girl power set for May 19 at the Girls on the Run Vermont »
Saturday, May 19, 10 a.m.—CASTLETON—Girls on the Run Vermont (GOTRVT) announces its Central Vermont 5k celebration taking place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 19 at its new location: Castleton University. This energetic event, presented by Carris Reels, is the culmination of GOTRVT’s 10-week after…
Robert J. Duch, 93, of Rutland died May 11 at Rutland Regional Medical Center. He was born March 17, 1925, in Newark, N.J. and graduated from Danbury High School in 1942.
Bob joined the war effort in 1943 and received training as a navigator in...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
Saturday, May 19, 7:30 p.m.—BRANDON—The Young Novelists are a Toronto-based band fronted by husband and wife Graydon James and Laura Spink. They perform at Brandon Music on May 19 as part of a national tour for their latest album, offering classic him-and-her vocals, with James playing acoustic...
RUTLAND—On Monday, April 16, the Castleton University women’s hockey team presented the physicians and staff at Rutland Regional Medical Center’s Foley Cancer Center with a giant pink check representing proceeds raised from the 10th Anniversary Pink the Rink event to benefit the RRMC breast care...
By Xander Landen/ VTDigger
Vermont Life, the state’s signature regional magazine which in recent years has faced financial woes and racked up millions in debt, will shutter its doors in June.
The Scott administration announced Thursday that it will cease production of the 72-year-old state-owned...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 22 days agoRT @emilycorwin: This is how complicated Vermont's speeding ticket revenue system is. /t.co/EkmnRW6IqK /t.co/OysOisH9PM
- 31 days agoSpring party @KillingtonMtn #beast365 @musicofmadaila is rocking the stage! /t.co/ThxyawPQoy
- 34 days agoHoroscopes for April 18th-24th, 2018 - *|/t.co/uLjAq9IZUS|* /t.co/67skx4C2Pc
- 35 days ago#Killington town Select Board voted in favor of loaning the golf pro shop @GMNGC $250k to start up season.