- Water wheel park dedicated »
Killington has a new park at the base of the newly restored bright red water wheel.
The late Ken Budzyna, a well-known Killington local, and his wife, January Hill, had always talked about creating a park in Killington. They envisioned a spot where people could…
- Dark side of the blood moon »
By Tim Buttner and Jerry LeBlond
On Sunday Sept. 27 stargazers witnessed a rare super moon eclipse not seen since 1982, and not to be seen again until 2033. The moon’s red hue occurs once the moon is completely in the earth’s shadow, the…
- The World Cup may come to Killington! »
The World Cup may come to Killington! If accepted, it would be the first time The World Cup has been hosted on the east coast since 1991
KILLINGTON — Killington has received preliminary approval to host the 2016 Audi FIS Woman’s Ski World…
- Chaffee reception officially opens “Love of Fantasy” exhibit »
Courtesy of Chaffee Art Center
“Peaceable Kingdom” features colored pencil on Arches archival paper, created by Joan Curtis, one of the four Vermont artists whose work is part of Chaffee’s exhibit, “Love of Fantasy.”
Friday, Sept. 25 at 5 p.m.—On Sept….
- VSO begins it annual Made in Vermont statewide tour »
Friday, Sept. 25 at 7:30 p.m.—STATEWIDE — The Vermont Symphony Orchestra begins its annual fall tour on Sept. 25 continuing through Oct. 4, presenting in eight towns and villages across Vermont. This tour marks the beginning of the musical season of the Vermont…
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
Courtesy of Southern Vermont Arts and Living and Vermont Crafts Council
Photo One: Adelaide Tyrol is the artist of “Prey and Predator,” acrylic on canvas, a piece on display at the Great Hall, a studio in Springfield, #64 on the 2015 Fall...
MENDON – 14-year-old Logan Broyles doesn’t leave much time for relaxing during his summer vacation. The Rutland High School freshman competed in a dozen golf tournaments, journeying to Quebec, Canada; North Carolina, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and his...
Figure. 1. Vermonters’ views on the most important issue facing their state. The economy makes up fully one third of responses.
Figure. 2. Importance of three major issue areas, by age
Figure 3. Illustrates the relative differences in name recognition among the candidates and potential...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- yesterdayAmtrak Train Derails in Northfield, Vt. about 10 miles south of Montpelier. 4 people injured. t.co/YwKDCOJAOx via @nbcnews
- 5 days agoWorld Cup comes to Killington! First time this HUGE event has come to the east coast since 1991 /t.co/0QWDdSE3TA
- 5 days agoBe sure to check out this weeks Horoscopes!t.co/Ypq9ijdVAC
- 20 days agoRT @mattymonsterz: I always roll my eyes when the candidates brag about how many years they've been married to their spouse... #GOPDebate