- How Mikaela Shiffrin won the World Cup at Killington »
Her 10th consecutive Slalom World Cup win, 22nd career Globe By Lisa Lynn KILLINGTON — In the last few minutes of the Audi FIS World Cup in Killington there were six winners. As each of the top women flashed down Preston’s Pitch, the last steep…
- “The Most Famous Reindeer of All” soars into Rutland’s Paramount Theatre »
Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 6 p.m.—RUTLAND—In 1964, the beloved stop-motion animated television classic “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” made its network television debut delighting audiences across the country. Now, the “most famous reindeer of all” from the longest running and highest rated television special will return…
- First World Cup at Killington a huge success »
Record-setting crowd of 30,000 fans attend both races at Killington, Shiffrin wins in storybook fashion
By Polly Lynn Mikula
KILLINGTON—According to U.S. Ski Team estimates, 30,000 fans came out to cheer on the fastest female alpine skiers in the world Saturday and…
- It’s official: WC races will go on! »
International Ski Federation gives green light to Killington Resort for upcoming Alpine World Cup Races Nov. 26-27
KILLINGTON— On Thursday, Nov, 17 Killington Resort received a positive snow control announcement from FIS (Internal Ski Federation), the governing body of the Audi FIS Ski…
By Julia Purdy RUTLAND—Americans who took ancient history in school probably remember learning about the Valley of the Tigris and Euphrates, or the Fertile Crescent, often called the cradle of civilization. Literature scholars probably have read the Gilgamesh Epic. That is Syria—also the ancient land...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 6 p.m.—WHITE RIVER JUNCTION—The Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) invites the public to join in a discussion on global politics and climate change, Brain Buzz: World Climate Exercise, on Wednesday, Nov. 30, 6-7 p.m. at the Upper Valley Food Co-op,...
Hunters are gearing up for the start of Vermont’s statewide traditionally popular 16-day rifle deer season that begins Saturday, Nov. 12 and ends Sunday, Nov. 27. A hunter may take one buck during this season with at least one antler having two or more points....
By Kevin O’Connor, VTDigger The problem began last summer, when one of two black members of the Vermont Legislature received racially charged emails and tweets, and has continued as late as this week, when a Middlebury Jewish congregation found a swastika on its front door....
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 5 days ago#BeastWorldCup @MikaelaShiffrin signs poster for Killington Ski Club as she leaves the building. Headed to #Rutland /t.co/7dAoNp9Cdt
- 5 days ago#BeastWorldCup @MikaelaShiffrin wins 10th conservative slalom! Ties record @KillingtonMtn 95 year old grandma /t.co/stE1J41InO
- 5 days agoRT @peterdav93: TV break! Standings after the top 15 #BeastWorldCup @RacerReady /t.co/7uPv8VZmnb
- 5 days agoIt's nice to be right up there with Sports Illustrated!#BeastWorldCup /t.co/gARmbZvl83