- Video: Killington’s First Day 1958 »
The first day of skiing at Killington Resort (then Killington Basin) Dec. 13, 1958.
Justin Lindholm shared this family video with The Mountain Times. What a treasure!
- Warren Miller’s “No Turning Back” to be screened »
KILLINGTON–The Killington Ski Club and Killington Mountain School are jointly hosting the showing of Warren Miller’s much-anticipated new film, “No Turning Back.” The movie will be shown at 7 pm on Saturday, Nov. 29, at Snowshed Lodge, Killington Resort.
“No Turning Back” isWarren Miller’s 65th…
- Vermont ski resorts posts record number of early openings »
Coming off not only one, but two near record breaking seasons with over 4.5 million skier visits each, Vermont is once again paving the path to a stellar ski and snowboard season. The state boasted 12 resorts open for skiing, riding and even Nordic skiing…
- Fashion in Rutland! »
Catwalk for a Cause showcased local style
By Polly Lynn
Over 500 people filled the seats at the Paramount Theatre in Rutland, Sunday afternoon for the second annual Catwalk for a Cause benefitting the United Way of Rutland County. Additionally, 105 models…
- Comedian Bill Engvall brings double the fun to Rutland’s Paramount Theatre »
Sunday, Nov. 23 at 5 & 8 p.m. — RUTLAND — The Paramount Theatre presents Bill Engvall, top comedian and star of the sketch comedy show, “Blue Collar TV,” in two performances on Sunday, Nov. 23; 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Bill Engvall is a…
Killington Elementary Students built sailboats out of classroom materials to “sail” across a pair of strings powered by wind. The students worked in groups and were able to make engineering adjustments to their design after the first trial run. The experiment was part of “Energy...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. — RUTLAND — The ultimate tribute to Grateful Dead, Dark Star Orchestra will perform a show at the Paramount Theatre
Dark Star Orchestra has been delivering this to both old and new Grateful Dead fans since 1997, when a group of...
Photos by Robin Alberti
Killington’s Loaded Turkey rail jam, Sunday, Nov. 23, was the first of the season at Killington, and one of the first nationwide. Over 75 freestyle skiers and riders participated in the event this year. The winner of the competition took home...
Photo submitted Governor Shumlin joined Vermont Fish & Wildlife Commissioner Louis Porter for a morning deer hunt last week. The governor did not match last year’s opening day success, when he harvested a 186-pound 6-point buck, but the pair did see some deer activity. Vermont’s deer rifle...
This Weeks Edition
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 22 days agoTate wins Bridgewater by 19 votes.
- 22 days agoRT @pegtv: Pittsford adopts school heating and weatherization plan for $970K at no cost to taxpayers. All will come from a... t.co/D…
- 22 days agoRT @pegtv: 13 towns reporting: State Senator: Flory 20%, Mullin 20%, Collamore 19% Probate Judge: Candon 61%, Michael 39%... t.co/n…
- 22 days agoRT @GallowayVTD: With 30% precincts reporting @GovPeterShumlin is ahead of @MilneForVT by just 600 votes #vtpoli