- Rutland Recreation and Parks Dept. programs begin »
RUTLAND—The Rutland Recreation and Parks Department has a few camps beginning this week, and is announcing more summer camps to come for the rapidly approaching summer vacation.
Counselor in Training (CIT) program will be offered in a two-day program, June 1 and 3. Looking for…
- Speed and distance: Road bikers compete in three-day challenge, over 150 miles »
Killington Stage Race returns for Memorial Day weekend
The Killington Stage Race (KSR) is a three day bicycle stage race held on Memorial Day weekend in and around Killington.
Cyclists from across the U.S., Canada, and international racers from as far as Bermuda and New…
- Green Mountain Astronomers invite public to stargazing party in Hubbardton, Saturday »
Saturday, May 27, 7:30 p.m.—HUBBARDTON—On Saturday, May 27, 7:30-10 p.m., the Hubbardton Battlefield State Historic Site in Hubbardton hosts an astronomy star party and workshop with the Green Mountain Astronomers. The astronomers invite the public to an evening of gazing at the stars and offer…
- “Fire” delivers sizzlin’ performance »
Rutland City Fire Department, GMP win first Lip Sync Battle
By Polly Lynn Mikula
UPDATE, MAY 10: The event raised over $16,000 for Wonderfeet Kid’s Museum.
On Saturday night, April 29, eight teams battled it out at the inaugural Lip Sync Battle at the Paramount Theatre…
- Devil’s Bowl Speedway opens racing season »
WEST HAVEN—Devil’s Bowl Speedway has unveiled its 2017 season schedule, boasting the Northeast’s most diverse slate of motorsports events. Located on Route 22A in scenic West Haven, the facility will continue to offer affordable, family-friendly entertainment and the region’s most exciting NASCAR-sanctioned stock car racing…
College of St. Joseph’s baseball team is back-to-back USCAA national champions after defeating Apprentice School 6-1 in the title game on May 19.
The Fighting Saints entered the tournament as the No. 2 seed and began their title defense with a 2-0 win over Marygrove...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
KILLINGTON—It’s been 40 years since the first band played a gig at McGrath’s Irish Pub, and that same performer is back this weekend—Doug Hazard returns to the top of Sherburne Pass at the Inn at Long Trail to play during Memorial Day Weekend.
KILLINGTON—Summit Lodge Golf Classic is set to tee off Friday, June 2 in its fifth annual golf tournament, Tee Off for Autism, held at Green Mountain National Golf Course, Barrows Towne Road, Killington. Registration starts at noon, with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. $130 per...
By Karen D. Lorentz
Powdr, Killington and Pico’s parent company since 2007, has restructured and is expanding — this time with its first foray outside the U.S. with the licensing of the Woodward Riviera Maya facility at the Hard Rock Hotel in Cancùn, Mexico. A...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- yesterdayRT @KillingtonMtn: It doesn't always snow in May, but when it does it doesn't slow down trail crew! #killingtonbikepark opens Saturday! #be…
- yesterdayRT @RutlandChamber: There is space for one more entrepreneur for this great opportunity. /t.co/jFwlUKyC63
- yesterdayRT @OkemoMountain: Don't forget to drive on up Mountain Road this Sunday at noon. /t.co/TqzjcShF6n
- yesterdayRT @KillingtonMtn: May 24. No breaks. Lift turns at 9:00 am Friday. #4dayweekend #beast365 #longestseasonintheeast /t.co/yPOyYzvgYn