- Long Trail Century Ride to benefit Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports takes to the pavement Saturday, June 27 »
By Barb Wood, Riverwood Photography
The fifth annual Long Trail Century Ride to benefit Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports returns to Vermont again on Saturday, June 27, where cyclists of all abilities can ride a century, 60- or 20-mile course to raise funds and awareness…
- Killington debuts summer adventures »
Construction is well underway for the Beast Mountain Coaster, on schedule to open by the end of July or beginning of August.
By Karen D. Lorentz
Killington will debut its new Snowshed Adventure Center on June 26. When the curtain rises, adventure…
- Video: Killington Reunion Weekend Preview »
Come be a part of the Killington Reunion Weekend starting this Friday night,June 26 at The Summit Lodge from 5-8 p.m. Meet new friends and reminisce with old ones. Take this opportunity to reach out to old Killington friends that you once worked with or…
- Mendon Mini-Golf and Snack Bar plans to be open mid summer »
By Polly Lynn
A mountain of stones will house one of the 18 mini-golf holes on the new Mendon course. Jeff Bridge, an excavator from Bridgewater Corners, works on the landscaping.
By Julia Purdy
MENDON — The bend in Route 4 in Mendon, opposite Meadow…
- Special report: the war on weeds »
Vermont Secretary of Agriculture Chuck Ross.
By John Herrick, VTDigger.org
On a busy street corner outside the Rutland farmers’ market, where local vendors sell cheeses, meats and spring vegetables, about a dozen residents recently raised signs to protest the use of weed-killing herbicides…
By Karen D. Lorentz
The greater Killington community has lost a dear friend, devoted wife and mother, wonderful mentor, enthusiastic volunteer, and astute businesswoman with the passing of Dee Montgomery on June 19 after a brief illness.
She was one of...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
By Anna Ulery
Friday, June 26 at 7 p.m. — POMFRET —The legend Levon Helm said that if you give it good concentration, good energy, good heart, and good performance, the song will play for you. If that’s true, then...
Courtesy of MemorEvents
Photo One: Bob Donahue of Jaffrey, N.H., won the New England Antique Racers Modified feature at Devil’s Bowl Speedway.
Photo Two: Bob Seward of Lee, Mass., won the New England Antique Racers Sportsman feature at Devil’s...
Gov. Peter Shumlin has capped off this legislative session by signing the last of 76 bills passed by the Legislature this year.
“I was proud to sign so many pieces of legislation into law that will help make Vermont’s economy work for every Vermonter, protect...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 12 days agoReunion!! Head to the Summit Lodge at 9:30 a.m. Thursday June 18 for a video to capture some of the best memories from the good old days!
- 18 days agoRT @vtbeer: .@PaulKowalskiVT & @LongTrailBeer brewmaster Dave sample @14thStarBrewing Maple Breakfast Stout for @MtTimes t.co/v1y6ul…
- 27 days agoKillington Town Manager Seth Webb says that since 2010 Town has spent less money on events and seen better results; plans are working!
- 27 days agoMoose on Route 4 across from Hinterland Organic Farm! t.co/MRmHUNKUBd