- The first rustic cabins yield more lodging, visitors for Killington »
The metal hut was erected about 1915. Pico is in the background.
By Karen D. Lorentz Editor’s note: This is Part 2 of a series on Killington’s first cabins for adventuring tourists.
When the hotel below Killington…
- “Always … Patsy Cline” kicks off ArtisTree Music Theatre Festival season at The Grange »
Courtesy of ArtisTree
Maria Vee and Jacqueline Petroccia, as Patsy Cline and Louise Seger in the touching story of friendship; a different approach to the story of a star whose life was cut short in “Always … Patsy Cline.”
- Solar eclipse dazzles country, Killington »
By Robin Alberti
Monday’s solar eclipe as seen from Sherburne Memorial Library in Killington.
KILLINGTON—Millions of people across the country gathered to watch the rare solar eclipse Monday, Aug. 21. Though Vermont was not in the direct path for a total…
- Runners endure Beast of the East in inaugural running festival »
By Angelo Lynn
A half marathon finisher displays his medal
By Evan Johnson
KILLINGTON—A crowd of over 400 runners took to the slopes of the second-tallest mountain in Vermont this past weekend in the inaugural Under Armour Mountain…
Vote scheduled to purchase land for new public safety building – Informational meeting Aug. 31, vote Sept. 523 August, 2017
Courtesy of the town of Killington
Proposed new Killington public safety building on Killington Road.
By Polly Lynn Mikula
KILLINGTON—On Sept. 5 there will be a special town meeting vote asking residents to approve the purchase of land for a new...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
Courtesy of CCCA CHRIS KLEEMAN
Wednesday, Aug. 23, 5:30 p.m.—PROCTORSVILLE—Chris Kleeman was supposed to play at the Proctorsville Summer Concert series — until the rains came down. Rather than just cancel his performance, the organizers postponed it. Now, Kleeman will play Wednesday, Aug. 23 at...
PITTSFIELD –Cyclists hoping for a spot in the 2018 Leadville Trail 100 MTB race in Colorado now have another opportunity to earn an entry: The top finishers of a local race in Pittsfield will earn an entry into next year’s long-distance bike ride.
By Alan J. Keays, VTDigger
A lawsuit over a traffic stop in Wallingford and subsequent vehicle search that police justified based on a whiff of marijuana is heading to the Vermont Supreme Court.
The Vermont chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) sued the...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 8 days agoRT @OkemoMountain: Cheers to everyone who came out for Okemo's Hops in the Hills Beer & Wine Festival. You made it our best Hops ever! See…
- 28 days agoRT @KillingtonMtn: Volunteer as a course marshal, get close to the action at the @usacycling Beast of the East Pro GRT race! Info at https…
- 28 days agoRT @RutlandChamber: Food....Music...Fun....Great Opportunity to promote your business to hundreds of people! The 36th Annual Winter... htt…
- 28 days agoRT @OkemoMountain: Cheers! /t.co/0Km5M54k1g