Killington Parks and Recreation is pleased to announce the return of the annual July 4th celebration. The festivities will begin at 9 a.m. with the Friends of the Library book sale and ending with the fireworks show at 9 p.m. The theme this year is Celebrating America as One Killington. Activities are scheduled all day.
- 9 a.m.: Friends of the Library book sale.
- 10 a.m.: 4th of July Parade. Residents, visitors and businesses are all welcome to participate in the parade. Meet at the River Road Cemetery. Children 12 years or younger can bring their patriotically decorated bike and ride in the parade. Or register a float. Organizations, businesses, and groups can also walk in the parade. Please note that registration is required through KillingtonRec.com by July 2. Judges will be on hand to determine the best float in these categories: Best Use of Theme and Best in Show.
- 10:30 a.m.: Raffle begins. Prizes include a season pass to Killington Resort, a cord of wood, Maurie Harrington print, CV oil, and more. Raffle tickets are $5 for one and $25 for six tickets. Cash only.
- 11 a.m.: Johnson Recreation Center opens for public swim with no Covid restrictions. Live DJ begins.
- 11:30 a.m.: Firemen’s barbecue. Come support Killington Fire & Rescue with their annual barbecue held underneath the pavilion. Includes a traditional barbecue meal as well as many other foods for all types of diets. Killington Fire & Rescue is asking for small side dishes to be donated. Suggestions for dishes are chips, salads of any kind of dessert. Dishes can be dropped off at Chalet Killington on July 3 between the hours of 2-5 p.m.. Please include a list of ingredients so we can accommodate food allergies.
- 1:30 p.m.: Kids field games at soccer field. No registration required.
- 3 p.m.: Raffle ends
- 3:30 p.m.: Belly flop contest
- 7 p.m.: Live music begins
- 9 p.m.: Fireworks show
Due to potential traffic flow issues, parking will be confined to one side of River Road. Carpooling is encouraged. If inclement weather occurs, please check KillingtonRec.com.