Aug, 20-21 — LUDLOW — The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce is excited to host the second annual Best of Vermont Summer Festival scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 20 and Sunday, Aug. 21 in Ludlow. The event will take place at Okemo Field on Route 103.
This festival is a great opportunity for everyone including locals, new residents, second homeowners, and visitors.
Some of the program highlights this year include hot air balloons, home design tent (new this year!), live music, agricultural demos (sheep, alpacas, etc.), craft beverage producers (beer, wine, distilleries, etc.), artisan products, specialty foods, fine art, barn dance, classic car show, antique tractors, etc.
Join us for a Cruise-In the evening before the festival on Friday Aug. 19 at Benson’s Chevrolet in Ludlow from 5-7 p.m. This year gate proceeds from the festival will support the creative economy sector in Okemo Valley. New this year, the festival has created a collectable limited edition print made by Dan O’Donnell of O’Donnell Design. He will be selling these at his booth at the festival.
Throughout the weekend attendees will have the opportunity to participate in the following special family-friendly activities:
- Hot air balloon: Balloons of Vermont will be offering tethered rides on Saturday at 4-7 p.m. for a $25 fee per person max of 5 riders at a time (first come, first serve, weather permitting).
- Classic car show: with trophies for first, second and third place and a $500 cash prize for the first-place winner!
- 5th annual Benson’s Chevy Cruise-In: the evening before the festival on Friday from 5-8 p.m.
- Children’s programming including Troy Wunderle of Big Top Adventures offering clowning & circus fun and face painters from Springfield Art Gym.
- Wine tasting: from 12-2 p.m. both days. Each participant will get to keep their wine glasses and also receive a Meiomi bag to store them.
- Design tent with a $500 gift card prize.
- Food tent featuring Mount Holly Beer, Mr. Darcy’s (Wagyu Burgers), Coleman Brook Tavern at Okemo and more.
- Agricultural exhibits: sheep shearing with Farmer Fred DePaul and yarn spinning with Six Loose Ladies.
- Radio remote broadcasting: with Catamount Radio WDEV Rock 94.5.
- Vendor raffle: vendors generously donate prizes.
There will also be live music both days.
Music Saturday from 12-7 p.m. will include:
- 12-2 p.m.: Jeb Porter & Friends
- 2-4 p.m.: Eric King & the Rustie Bus Band
- 4-7 p.m.: Jenni Johnson & the Jazz Junketeers
Music Sunday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. will include:
- 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Ida Mae Specker (barn dance @11:30 a.m.!)
- 1-4 p.m.: Christine Malcolm & the Sugarleaf Band
The Okemo Valley Chamber of Commerce extends its gratitude to the Best of Vermont Festival organizing committee, led by co-chairs Scott Duffy of Rockledge Farm Woodworks and Alyssa Stewart of Stewart Maple & Marketplace. Other members include Holger Stoltze (Governor’s Inn), Stephen Plunkard (Q4! Associates), and Sarah Sheehan (William Raveis VT Properties).
For more information visit: yourplaceinvermont.com.