The Mountain Times is looking for a full-time Graphic designer/production specialist to join our team at our office in Killington, Vermont. Looking to hire immediately.
TIME: Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. (some flexibility around deadlines required)
- Weekly production: layout of ads and newspaper content
- Layout and design of additional publications, including but not limited to: Summer/Fall Guides, GRIP mountain bike magazine, Menu Books, FIS World Cup program, various sector specific guides.
- Positive customer service via phone and email
- Creating and updating customer ads
- Assist in the development of the publishing calendar
- Communicating with distribution team to determine print order count
- Communicating with printer regarding deadlines and production specs
- Creating print orders for production
- Converting images and graphics for optimum effect
- Collecting any missing assets needed for content and ads
- Uploading content to website
- Design media kits and sales sheets for sales department
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop required
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, GoogleSuite, WordPress is a plus
- Attention to detail and high standard for quality, design
- Can-do spirit: Ability to work positively under pressure with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Good time-management skill and ability to multi-task
- Independent, critical thinker
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
Schedule: Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. (some flexibility around deadlines required)
The ideal candidate will be able to respond to a somewhat flexible schedule as work requirements and projects ebb and flow throughout the week and seasons.
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Graphic design: 1 year minimum (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year minimum (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year minimum (Preferred)
- *Willing to train, but must have strong base skills and be willing and motivated to learn.
Work Location: 5465 Route 4, Killington, VT 05751
Please send resume, graphic portfolio/examples and letter of interest to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications rolling until qualified candidate is selected.