Local News

Funding available for rental housing in need of repair

Agency of Commerce & Community Development landlords and property owners that have vacant, unused rental properties may be eligible to receive up to a $30,000 grant per rental unit to fix up and renovate rental units and get them ready for use again. Grants are available from the Dept. of Housing and Community Development utilizing CARES Act funding to improve the overall quality, availability, and affordability of rental housing throughout the state.

Landlords and property owners should contact their local NeighborWorks Alliance of Vermont Home Ownership Center to determine eligibility (certain affordable housing conditions apply) and to enroll in the program.

NeighborWorks of Western Vermont (Addison, Bennington, and Rutland Counties) can be reached at:  (802) 438-2303. Windham and Windsor Housing Trust (Windham and Windsor Counties) can be reached at: (802) 254-4604.

Mountain Times Newsletter

Sign up below to receive the weekly newsletter, which also includes top trending stories and what all the locals are talking about!