Sunday, Dec 19 —BRANDON — Brandon is painting the town in holiday lights. Two great events are happening this Sunday in Brandon.
Holiday decorating contest
The Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce invites all Brandon residents to join in the holiday fun. There will be six categories judged this year:
- Residential – Currier and Ives Division – Beautiful, elegant, “classy”.
- Residential – Clark W. Griswold Division – Over the top, lots of lights, inflatables, music.
- Downtown Commercial – Businesses within immediate downtown.
- Out of Downtown Commercial – Businesses outside of the immediate downtown.
- Civic Buildings/Organizations –schools, emergency services, organizations, religious organizations.
- Most Decorated Street – Street with the greatest overall display score receives a street sign trophy.
Judges will be out Sunday, Dec 19 at 4 p.m., be sure to have your lights turned on. To be sure they see you, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your address and category or post a picture on social media and tag Colleen Wright with the hashtag: #lightup2021 or leave a voice mail for Colleen 802-247-3635 X 211. Prize packages: A beautiful poinsettia,1-year subscription to the Reporter, a carload admission to a 2021 Jack McKernon drive-in event at Estabrook park (movie or concert) and recognition in the Reporter.
Reverse holiday parade
Brandon is home to the very best reverse holiday parade in New England. Sponsored by the Brandon Area Toy Project, Rec. Dept., Chamber, Library and Neshobe PTO, this is a parade where the floats (displays) are stationary, and the viewers drive through. Come and see multiple Santas, elves, beautiful queens, gorgeous lights — all sorts of fun things from the warmth of your car.
Continue on the route to check out the holiday decorating contest participants in Brandon. It’s a fun, free, family-friendly event.
Do you want to be part of the action? Contact Colleen Wright at email@example.com for details.