WOODSTOCK — Billings Farm & Museum is pleased to announce the results of the 2021 People’s Choice awards for its 35th annual quilt exhibition, held July 17 – Aug. 22, 2021.
More than 10,000 visitors have viewed the exhibition to date and 1,100 ballots were cast for favorites in the large and small quilt categories. The People’s Choice winners for this year are:
Full size quilts
- First place: “Confetti Carnival” – Norma Ippolito, Chester
- Second Place: “My Red & White Quilt” – Mary Guntz, Hartford
- Third Place: “Variation on Kaffe’s Facet” – Neomi Lauritsen, Weathersfield
Small/medium size quilts:
- First: “Berkeley” – Linda Diak, Chester
- Second: “Floral Bouquets” – Mary Jane Arvidson, Brownsville
- Third: Kaleidoscope – Kathleen Geagan, Brownsville
At the exhibition opening, the Jurors’ Choice awards were presented to Linda Diak of Chester for her quilt, “Berkeley,” by juror Marti DelNevo; “Floral Bouquets” made by Mary Jane Arvidson of Brownsville was selected by juror Nola Forbes; Norma Ippolito of Chester was selected by juror Francie Quinn for her quilt, “Confetti Carnival,” which also received the Billings Farm & Museum Staff Choice award.
The winning quilts will be on display through Sunday, Aug. 22. Billings Farm & Museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the quilt exhibition is included in admission. Visit billingsfarm.org for hours and admissions details.