Local News

What to do with a lost pet

Can’t find your pet?  Did you find a pet that’s not yours?  Make sure you contact the Rutland County Humane Society (RCHS) and let them know.  In many cases, stray animals are brought to RCHS.  Additionally, citizens who find stray animals will contact RCHS with the hopes of reuniting them with their owners.  RCHS also puts pictures of the stray animals they’re caring for on their website (rchsvt.org) so if you’ve lost your pet please check the website to see if it’s at the shelter.  If you want to report a lost or found animal, please call the shelter at 802-483-6700 or visit rchsvt.org.

Mountain Times Newsletter

Sign up below to receive the weekly newsletter, which also includes top trending stories and what all the locals are talking about!