October 2 & 3 at 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Vermont Open Studio (VOS) celebrates as it hosts its 10th annual event. After more than a year of isolation, VOS is thrilled to be able to again welcome visitors into 68 studios and small galleries around Vermont. During the event, artists will be working in their studios to create beautiful artwork.
Central Vermont regional list of participating studios
- The Brandon Artists Guild. Cooperative gallery for Vermont artists and artisans. 7 Center St. (Rte 7), Brandon. 802-247-4956. Located in the center of Brandon village.
- Caleb Kenna Photography. Vermont photography, images, prints, notecards. 40 Old Farm Road, Brandon. 802-770-8700. From Rte 7 in Brandon, turn onto Prospect St., and take the second right onto Old Farm Road. Follow signs.
- Vermont Gallery of Folk Art — Warren Kimble, Robin Kent, Medana Gabbard. Contemporary American folk art, paintings and sculpture. 24 Park St, Brandon. 802-247-4280. In the center of Brandon, in the commercial block with the Brandon Inn.
- Twin Elms Studio — Hallie Monroe. Vitreous painted stained glass. 42 Elm St, Pittsford. 631-283-5649. Hallie’s studio is located at Pittsford Village Farm, at the top of Elm St., across from Kamuda’s Country Market.
- Carrie Pill. Colorful, Vermont life oil paintings. 20 Birchwood Ave, Rutland. 802-291-4259. From Woodstock Ave./Rte 4 East in Rutland turn right onto Lafayette Street, then turn left onto Birchwood Ave. 20 Birchwood is the gray house on the right at the end of the street.
- Stragnell Art — R Sanford Stragnell. Unique sculptures inspired by nature. 97 South St., Castleton. 802-468-2327. From Main Street (Rte 4A) in Castleton, turn onto South Street. Our studio is located five houses up from the corner, on the east side, in the red door barn behind the house.
- Merwin Gallery — Tom Merwin. Oils on canvas, sumi ink drawings. 557 Main St., Castleton. 802-468-2592. Located on the south side of Rte 4A/Main Street, next to the Castleton Pizza Place.
- Stone Valley Arts at Fox Hill — work by the Monotype Guild of New England. Monotypes, printing, wall sculpture, books. 145 East Main St., Poultney. 802-353-6502. Located mile east from the intersection of Rte 30 and Main Street (Rte 140), directly across from the Poultney High School.
- Rising Meadow Pottery — Diane Rosenmiller and Nicholas Seidner. Gallery, kilns, studio, seconds, pizza! 50 West St. (Rte. 140), Middletown Springs. 802-235-9429. From the village center, take Rte 140 (West Street) 0.2 mile to the fifth driveway on the right side of the road. Look for our sign.
- Nature’s Turn, LLC — Gerry Martin. Turned wooden bowls and vessels. 998 Lincoln Hill Road, Shrewsbury. 802-492-2244. From Route 103 at the lights on Route 7 south of Rutland, travel southeast for 2.8 miles and turn left on Lincoln Hill Rd. Continue 1 mile over crest of hill and turn right on to private drive for 996 – 998 Lincoln Hill Road. Shop is a quarter of a mile straight ahead.
- The Potter Stone — David Stone. Burnished, carved, stoneware, earthenware pottery. 1735 Route 103, Cuttingsville. 802-492-2301. From Route 7 at the lights, turn onto Route 103. Travel about 6 miles. The studio is located on the right side in a grey building with red metal roof, directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Road in East Wallingford. From the south travel north on Route 103. Continue past the junction with Route 140 and continue north for 1.8 miles. We are on the left side directly across from the entrance to Old Turnpike Rd. The studio is grey with green trim and a red roof.
- ArtisTree Community Arts Center and Gallery. Painting and sculpture spanning many genres. 2095 Pomfret Road, S Pomfret. 802-457-3500. From Woodstock, go north on Route 12 to a prominent Y intersection. Bear right at the fork onto Pomfret Road and travel for 2 miles. Pass Teago’s general store and turn immediately right behind the store. Artistree Community Arts Center and Gallery will be immediately on the left, next to the Pomfret Town Library.
- Collective — the Art of Craft. Metal, clay, fiber, wood, glass. 47 Central St., Woodstock. 802-457-1298. From I-89 take Exit 1 and turn onto Route 4. Head west toward Woodstock and go about 8 miles. Look for us on the left. We are on the street level in the stone building across from the post office.
- White River Craft Center — Kimball House. Photography, weaving, woodworking. 50 Randolph Ave., Randolph. 802-728-8912. Take I-89 Exit 4 and go west (downhill) on Route 66 for 2.5 miles to the stop sign. After Cumberland Farms, bear left onto Route 12, and into Randolph. At the end of the downtown block, turn left onto Merchant’s Row, go through the stop sign and straight ahead onto Randolph Avenue. The White River Craft Center is on the hill straight ahead. Studios will observe Covid-19 safety guidelines in effect at the time of the event dictated by Vermont’s Dept. of Health. At this time it is likely that masks will be required in studios. There is no fee for admission to this event but if you are inclined to support VOS with a donation it will be much appreciated.
For more information, visit one of these centers: Art on Main, 25 Main St. in Bristol (802-453-4032); Brandon Artists Guild – 7 Center St. (Route 7) in Brandon (802-247-4956) or the F. Chaffee Arts Center, 16 South Main St. in Rutland (802-775-0356) or visit vermontcrafts.com/OSW/fall21/Sing%20pg_VCC.pdf for the full listings and map of participating locations.