Courtesy of Town of Killington
The pool at Johnson Rec Center is a cool outlet for summer campers.
KILLINGTON — The Town of Killington’s Parks & Recreation Department is pleased to announce a full schedule along with a new location for its 2016 summer camps program. The 2016 summer camps season will offer 10 weeks of programs and activities from June 20 through Aug. 26, and will be based at Killington Resort’s Ramshead Lodge, located at 3880 Killington Road.
From the new home-base at Ramshead, the Loads of Fun camps (ages 4-8) will travel to Johnson Recreation Center on Mondays and Wednesdays for hiking, swim lessons, open swim, and library programs. The Rek and Trek Adventure camps (ages 9-14) will travel throughout Vermont to experience hiking, tubing, swimming, and site seeing and will include the Killington Resort’s Adventure Center and Mountain Biking in their weekly experience.
Killington’s 2016 summer camps schedule is as follows:
- June 20-24: Loads of Fun – “A Bug’s Life;” Rek and Trek Adventures – Pittsford Pond, Pico Mountain, Adventure Center, hiking
- June 27-July 1: Loads of Fun – “Public Safety Fun;” Rek and Trek Adventures – Billings Farm, disc golf, Silver Lake, mountain biking
- July 4-8: Loads of Fun – “Top Chef;” Rek and Trek Adventures – Echo Lake, Chittenden Reservoir, Leffert’s Pond
- July 11-15: Loads of Fun – “Fun and Fitness;” Rek and Trek Adventures – Lake Dunmore Fish Hatchery, mountain biking, hiking
- July 18-22: Loads of Fun – “Safari;” Rek and Trek Adventures – White River Tubing, Mount Tom, mountain biking
- July 25-29: Loads of Fun – “Princesses/Super Heroes;” Rek and Trek Adventures – Emerald Lake, Adventure Center, VINS field trip
- Aug. 1-5: Loads of Fun – “Around the World;” Rek and Trek Adventures – Pico scavenger hunt, swimming bridge, mountain biking
- Aug. 8-12: Loads of Fun – “Olympic Games;” Rek and Trek Adventures – White River Tubing, Chittenden Reservoir, Olympic comp
- Aug. 15-19: Loads of Fun – “Summer Science Lab;” Rek and Trek Adventures – VINS field trip, mountain biking, Emerald Lake
- Aug. 22-26: Loads of Fun – “Everyday is a Party!”; Rek and Trek Adventures – Lake St. Catherine, Adventure Center, disc golf, party
For more information or to register, visit killingtonrec.com.