Aug. 28-29 — LUDLOW — The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce is announcing the special activities for the upcoming Best of Vermont Summer Festival, on Saturday, Aug. 28 and Sunday, Aug. 29 (rain or shine) at the Okemo Field on Route 103 in Ludlow. Throughout the weekend attendees will have the opportunity to participate in the following special family friendly activities:
- Balloons of Vermont air balloon showcase and excursions offered for a fee
- Showcase of antique and specialty cars
- President Calvin Coolidge impersonator Tracy Messer with “Keep Cool with Coolidge”
- Children’s programming sponsored by Mary W. Davis Realtor &Associates including Troy Wunderlee of Circus Smircus & Big Top Adventures offering clowning and circus fun and a welcome breakfast featuring Big Eyes Bakery hosted by the Expeditionary School at Black River
- Farm & Wilderness Camp agricultural activities
- Six Loose Ladies spinning yarn
- Springfield Art Gym face painting and art projects
- Black River Action Team River Bug Zoo
- Live music with the support of lead music sponsor Engel & Volkers. For the full music lineup visit yourplaceinvermont.com/best-of-vt-summer-festival-music-lineup.
This festival will be a great late-summer gathering for locals, new residents, second homeowners, and visitors to experience the best of Vermont including beer, wine, spirits, specialty foods, artisan products, children’s activities, live music, hot air balloons and more. The event is being held on Okemo Field, a highly visible location on Route 103 at Bixby Road in Ludlow.
Festival hours are 12-7 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Admission will be by a suggested $2 donation (benefitting ag, farm, and Taste of Okemo Valley programming) and a crowd of several thousand is anticipated.
Planning for this event started in 2019 but was derailed by the pandemic, but the cancellation of other regional festivals in south central Vermont this summer left a void that Okemo Valley is thrilled to step up and fill.
Thank you to all our vendors who have already signed up so far including event co-chairs Scott Duffy of Rockledge Farm Woodworks and Alyssa Stewart of Stewart Maple & Marketplace. Thank you to our presenting sponsor William Raveis Vermont Properties and all our generous sponsors. For a full list of sponsors and event partners, visit yourplaceinvermont.com/best-of-vermont-summer-festival.
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit, member-driven association and the voice of 300+ businesses and the communities of 12 towns and villages in South Central Vermont along the Scenic Route 100 Byway, surrounded by Okemo, Ascutney and Magic mountains. OVRCC provides advocacy, support, and unified regional marketing to promote and enhance businesses in the region, as well as the four-season economy.