Sunday, April 17 at 9:30 a.m. — RUTLAND — On Sunday, April 17 Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Rutland will celebrate 125 years of ministry. Originally named Salem Lutheran Church and founded in 1891 in West Rutland, Good Shepherd moved into Rutland with its new name in 1958. The anniversary will be celebrated with a festive worship service at 9:30 a.m. Bishop James Hazelwood of the New England Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) will be the preacher.
Following the worship service there will be an anniversary brunch hosted by the Rutland Country Club. There will be presentations by former pastors, and a celebration of more recent highlights, including the opening of Little Lambs Early Learning Center, a five-star accredited early childhood center, and the Rutland Meals Challenge’s which has provided 125,000 meals for Rutland County since 2013. Anyone interested in attending the brunch should call 802-773-9659 to purchase tickets.