A combination of snowmaking and strong early-season snowfall allowed both Stowe and Okemo Mountain Resort to open earlier than in most prior years— Friday, Nov.16.
Stowe offered top-to-bottom skiing and riding with over 2,000 vertical feet of continuous terrain off of the Four Runner Quad chairlift on Mount Mansfield—Vermont’s highest peak. Open trails on Mount Mansfield consist of intermediate to advanced terrain, with beginner lifts and trails scheduled to open on Spruce Peak by Thanksgiving. The Four Runner Quad will open at 8 a.m. this Friday, Nov. 16, and for all weekdays throughout the season, and 7:30 a.m. on weekends and holidays.
Okemo offers top-to-bottom skiing and riding with over 2,000 vertical feet of terrain serviced by the Sunburst Six, Green Ridge Triple and South Ridge Quad A. Early season skiing and riding will be for intermediate and advanced abilities with very limited beginner terrain available. Lifts will start running at 9 a.m. this Friday and at 8 a.m. on weekends and during holiday periods.
“I’m thrilled to welcome Okemo and Mount Sunapee to the Vail Resorts family and offer our Epic Pass holders in the Northeast even more value than ever before,” said Bobby Murphy, VP and general manager of Stowe Mountain Resort.
On Friday, Nov. 16, until additional lifts, terrain and services open, skiers and snowboarders can enjoy the following at Stowe Mountain Resort:
- ● Dining at the Octagon and Mansfield Cafes
- ● Skier Services; including retail, rental, tickets & pass sales at the Mansfield Base Lodge.
- ● Live music at the Mansfield Base Lodge
- ● Private Lessons and Guides on Mount Mansfield
- ● Epic Mix – a ground-breaking app that allows skiers and riders to track their days and vertical feet skied, earn digital pins, share photos and check real-time lift line wait times.
- ● Opening Day On-Snow Party (from 8-11:30 a.m.) at the Four Runner Quad, Sponsored by ‘Epic Mix;’ with prizes, food and a live DJ.
- Similarly, beginning Friday, Nov. 16, skiers and snowboarders can also enjoy dining and shopping at Okemo Mountain Resort.
- ● The Sitting Bull, Base 68 and the Summit Lodge will be open for food service.
- ● The Snowsports Shop in the Clock Tower Base Lodge has all the latest gear, outerwear and fashions.
- ● “First Chair” festivities begin at the South Ridge Quad A at 8:45 a.m. on Nov. 16.
- Last chance to purchase the entire suite of Epic Pass products for the 2018-19 winter season is Sunday, Nov. 18. The Epic Pass offers unlimited, unrestricted access to Stowe, Okemo and Mount Sunapee along with Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Whistler Blackcomb, and new for the 2018-19 season, unlimited, unrestricted access to Crested Butte and limited access to Telluride for $949.