Courtesy of Rutland South Rotary Club
Rutland South Rotary Club awarded scholarships to 12 area students last week. Pictured from left to right: Jonah Farrow-MSJ, Mahala Stone-RHS, Courtney Currier-Proctor, Ali Fitzgerald-Stafford, Maddison French-Proctor, Jessica Audy-Mill River, Chelsea Young-Mill River, Claire DiIonno-MSJ, Logan Riesterer-Stafford, Noah Tanen-RHS, Megan Nadler-RHS, and Lydia Gulick.
Twelve Rutland County high school seniors from Mill River, Mount Saint Joseph Academy, Proctor High School, Rutland High School and Stafford Technical Center were fêted at Rutland South Rotary Club’s annual scholarship breakfast last week.
The following 2016 recipients received either $1,000 or $1,500, in recognition of their contributions within their schools and community:
- Mill River Union High School: Jessica Audy ($1,500) and Chelsea Young ($1,000)
- Mount Saint Joseph Academy: Jonah Farrow ($1,500) and Claire DiIonno ($1,000)
- Proctor High School: Courtney Currier ($1,500) and Maddison French ($1,000)
- Rutland High School: Mahala Stone ($1,500), Noah Tanen ($1,000), Lydia Gulick ($1,000) and Megan Nadler ($1,000)
- Stafford Technical Center: Ali Fitzgerald ($1,500) and Logan Reisterer ($1,000)
Rutland South Rotary Club has awarded these scholarships for close to 40 years. Much of the organization’s fundraising efforts goes towards this initiative as well as other youth-driven projects within Rutland County.