RUTLAND—The Regional Prevention Partnerships grant initiative has announced its new name, Partners for Prevention.
Since January 2017, the prevention partnership has laid groundwork for coordinated substance abuse prevention in the Rutland region and surrounding communities by facilitating regular community meetings. This group of stakeholders includes representatives from law enforcement, education, mental health and substance abuse agencies, corrections, and interested community members.
Partners for Prevention will lead the development of a comprehensive approach to prevent substance abuse in the Rutland County community. Some of the group’s area’s of focus include:
- Community education and programming
- Strengthening connection and collaboration among secondary and higher education institutions
- Supporting law enforcement prevention strategies, such as party patrols, prescription drug take back events, responsible beverage service trainings and retailer recognition
- Supporting youth leadership
- Information dissemination and expansion of locations for the safe collection and disposal of prescription medication
- Coordinating communication planning and message sharing
- Educating for policy reform