LUDLOW – The Okemo Valley Golf Club Men’s League gathered for its third week of competition on May 24. The race for the top spot grew tighter, as only six points separate the top seven teams. The Honey Dew Man team, lead by Bill Higgins grabbing 6.5 holes in his match, helped his team of Peter Girouard, Jack Koponen, and Jim Poissant capture a total of 21 holes to win first for the night. Second place was claimed by Stryhas Builders, as Ted Stryhas, Bob Higgins, Mark Huntley and Bob Herbst combined to win 20 holes. Third place went to Benson’s Chevrolet. Chris Garvey, Terry Thayne, Ken Guy and Trevor Benson combined to win 20 holes. Closest to the pin winners were Doug Lemire on the 4th hole, and Bob Higgins on the 8th hole.
- 1st Honey Dew Man 21 holes won/15 pts.
- 2nd Stryhas Builders 20 holes won/13 pts.
- 3rd Benson’s Chevrolet 20 holes won/11 pts.
- 4th Knight Tubs 20 holes won/10 pts
- 5th Engel & Voelkers Realty 18 holes won/9 pts.
- 6th M&M Excavating 18 holes won/8 pts.
- 7th Green Mountain Appraisals 16 holes won/7 pts.
- 8th Diamond Realty 16 holes won/6 pts.
- 9th Built Rite Mfg. 16 holes won/5 pts.
- 10th UBS Rutland 15 holes won/4 pts.
- 1st Diamond Realty 34 pts.
- 2nd Knight Tubs 30 pts.
- 3rd Bensons Chevrolet 30 pts.
- 4th Honey Dew Man 29 pts.
- 5th M&M Excavating 29 pts.
- 6th Green Mountain Appraisals 29 pts.
- 7th Engel & Voelkers Realty 28 pts.
- 8th Stryhas Builders 23 pts.
- 9th Built Rite Mfg. 18 pts.
- 10th UBS Rutland 14 pts.