- Discovering what’s new at Killington »
By Karen D. Lorentz
KILLINGTON—Bubbles, bridges, boxes, blues, and bumps. All were a big hit with my grandkids who skied Killington for their first time on March 4. It was a day that they had been looking forward to and it didn’t disappoint.
- Schools consider free pre-K »
Schools consider free pre-K
By Katy Savage
Faced with declining enrollment, rising costs, and community need some schools are offering full time preschool for free.
Voters in Windsor Central Supervisory Union approved the $50,000 program 926-432 on Town Meeting Day, March…
- Leprechauns on the run »
Saturday, March 16, 1 p.m.—RUTLAND—Kick off St. Patrick’s Day weekend by running or walking in the sixth annual Shiver Me Shamrocks St. Patty’s Day 5K Run/Walk on March 16, at 1p.m. to benefit Come Alive Outside.
The first 250 registered runners/walkers will receive…
- Touring food truck fare »
By Penny Inglee
The food truck Creole Queens was in Rutland March 4 filming a television show for Food Network.
- The Stash turns 10 »
By Mac Domingus
A rider tricks off of a wooden-beast statue in the Stash terrain park during Slash & Berm in 2018.
A Rutland woman has been arrested for manslaughter after an infant was found dead at her childcare facility.
Police arrested Stacey Vaillancourt, 53, of Rutland, Monday after 6-month-old Harper Rose Briar of Pittsford was found dead in her care Jan. 24.
Toxicology testing determined that...
Arts, Dining & Entertainment
Thursday, March 14, 8 p.m.—KILLINGTON—The definitive Allman Brothers Band tribute group, Live at the Fillmore is coming to the Pickle Barrel Nightclub for an all night mountain jam, Thursday, March 14. Doors open at 8 p.m. for the 21-plus only show.
As the snow continues to fall in the Killington and Pico mountains, the Killington Aquatic Club swimmers continue to train at the Pico Sports Center.
The swim season is winding down for the KAC Competitive Team with one last Silvers Championship meet to...
By Sen. Alison Clarkson
One of the biggest challenges for a state senator is attending Town meetings. The Windsor County District encompasses 26 towns and is the largest county in Vermont. I treasure Vermont’s Town Meeting tradition and its form of direct democracy. ...
Mountain Times Newsletter
Mountain Times Twitter
- 13 days ago/t.co/fy8DZh0Mtm #TMDVT
- 13 days agoRT @robmitch802: #rutland city voters just approved $332,495 in social service articles, as well as up to $10.4M in infrastructure bonds, o…
- 13 days agoRT @RutlandHerald: Final totals for Allaire re-election as #rutland mayor, 1,707-657 over Michel “Champlain” Messier, a self-described 16th…
- 13 days agoRT @ch_17: RESULTS: #BTV voters overwhelmingly support Single Use Plastic Reduction Policy (84% - 16%) #vtpoli #TMDVT