Thursday, July 26, 5 p.m. — KILLINGTON — Killington Parks and Recreation Department will host the 6th Annual Chili Cook-Off at the Sherburne Memorial Library on River Road, Thursday from 5-8 p.m., with rain location at Snowshed Long Trail Pub, Killington Resort.
Large pots of chili will feature a variety of flavors for participants to sample and vote for their favorites. Many of Killington’s top restaurants will be competing along with local organization and individuals.
Trophies will be awarded for Best Meat, Vegetarian, and People’s Choice. Winners will be announced at 7:45 p.m.
“The 6th annual chili cook off is returning again this year and shaping up to be a great event,” said Cathy Foutch, director of the Department of Parks and Recreation.
The Chili Cook-Off takes place in conjunction with the River Road Summer Concert Series that night, featuring live music by the Chad Hollister Band at 6 p.m.
Admission is free, chili tasting is $10 a person, $15 for two, or $25 for a family of four via cash or check only.
Defending their 2017 titles are:
- Jamaican Mountain Grill (Jerk Shack), which won the First Place Judges Choice and People’s Choice award
- JW Plumbing and Heating, for best non-restaurant and Second Place People’s Choice
- The Lookout for Third Place People’s Choice
- Farrell Distributing for Most Original/Creative
- Liquid Art for Hottest Chili
- Birch Ridge Inn for Best Bribe Attempt
- The Garlic for Best Side Dish or Garnish
- Greater Killington Women’s Club for Best Presentation
- Killington Deli for Best Dressed
- Preston’s for Best Traditional Chili
Photo by Robin Alberti
Killington Parks and Recreation Department gets ready for the annual chili cook-off, with a variety of chili flavors.