The Mountain Times has a weekly readership of approx. 20,000 in print (the circulation fluctuates seasonally) it is distributed to over 350 stand locations, mailed to local homes and by subscription to 17 states. Print runs see 3% or less returned from stands.
Distribution is from border-to-border, across Central Vermont. The Mountain Times and its publications have exclusive distribution on Killington Resort properties.
Call Toll Free 800-564-6970 or locally at: 802-422-2399
DISPLAY ADVERTISING RATES:
Space is sold by the column inch.
Column inch rate:
OPEN RATE $10.70
NONPROFIT RATE $8.43
NEW ACCOUNTS are required to prepay.
All prepaid accounts receive a 5% discount.
OPEN RATES: (prices are rounded)
Full page = $1,030
1/2 page = $515
1/4 page = $260
Rates are subject to change.
SERVICE DIRECTORY ADVERTISING:
Ads are sold for full months only at the rate of $78 per month for a business card size ad or $145 per month for a double sized ad.
Classified line ads cost 50¢ per word, per week. Ads appear both in our newspaper and on our website. Because of an overwhelming number of fraudulent classified ads, we’ve decided to handle all classified ads directly and not use online processing. All classifieds must be prepaid prior to publication.
Call us at 802-422-2399 or email email@example.com.
SPECIAL PLACEMENT RATE:
In order to maintain a consistent and attractive layout of the paper, all requests for special placement must be cleared with the Publisher. If available, special placement will be billed at a $1 per column inch premium. Minimum charge is $20.
Color ads will be charged a $60 premium, regardless of size.
All new accounts must be prepaid until credit is established.
• 1.5% interest per month will be charged for accounts not paid within 30 days of receipt of statement.
• All accounts over 90 days old will be placed on credit hold.
• All accounts over 120 days will be placed for collection and no further ads will be taken until any previous balance is paid in full, then ads will be taken C.O.D. only until credit is reestablished.
We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICA EXPRESS and Discover.
Advertisers with The Mountain Times should be aware of the following guidelines:
• The Mountain Times does not charge its customers for creating ads for current use in the paper. We, therefore, assume no liability for errors or omissions in ads we produce that have not been proofed efficiently by the customer. Customers who wish to proof ads we produce should make arrangements to do so with their sales representative well before deadline.
• Advertisements are accepted upon the representation that the advertiser has the right to publish the contents thereof. In consideration of such publication, they agree to indemnify and hold harmless the publisher against any expense or loss by reason of any claims arising out of publication.
• All conditions, other than rates, are subject to change by the publisher without notice.
• Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher except where specific preferred position has been purchased and the advertiser has received written commitment of the publisher.
• Rates are subject to change upon notice from the publisher.
The Mountain Times delivers 52 weeks of local news and community events that you won’t want to miss even when you’re far away.
All Year: $95
Winter Only (November 1 – April 30): $60
Summer Only (May 1 – October 31): $50
For more information call: (802) 422-2399